Update: Extended Deadline until 06th of April 2023
The MOLIT Institute and its scientific partners are excited to announce the Artificial Intelligence for Clinical Decision Support (short: “AI4CDS”) call. The goal of this call is to foster young scientists by creating an environment in which new approaches to data-driven medicine for clinical decision support (CDS) can be established. Participating teams can connect to peers on a national- and international level and it is planned to present the results at the most important german scientific congress for medical informatics, biometry and epidemiology the GMDS 2023 in Heilbronn.
Students are invited to submit their project proposals on the topics of artificial intelligence (AI) and clinical decision support. The subject area/context of the projects is in principle not limited, but they should be related to the topics of AI and/or CDS.
In collaboration with our scientific cooperation partners, additional data sources can be considered for your project. Please indicate in your project proposal if additional data is necessary for your project-related use case.
For more information, please see the documents and FAQ section below:
We ask for submissions in English only.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
Who can participate?
This call for proposals is open to student groups consisting of no more than 5 undergraduate, graduate, and medical students who would like to develop an idea for an AI assisted CDS system.
What is my benefit from participating?
- Teams can get in touch with the international community in the field of Data Science, AI and CDS.
- Participants may travel to the 2023 GMDS event in Heilbronn, Germany.
- Participating groups present their results at the MOLIT Satellite Event. Planned: The winning team will present at GMDS 2023, the most important scientific congress for medical informatics, biometrics and epidemiology in Germany.
How can I participate, and how is the proposal selection process organised?
- Complete the online form before the deadline.
- The AI4CDS Project Scientific Advisory Board will evaluate the proposals. Accepted projects will be connected with potential data providers as needed.
What are the deadlines?
- The deadline for submission of proposals is
March 15th, 2023April 6th, 2023.
- The decision on the evaluation of the proposals by the Scientific Advisory Board is due on April 21st, 2023.
- MOLIT satellite event and results presentation at GMDS 2023 (September 17-21, 2023).
I have an idea, but im not sure if it is suited for AI4CDS. What should I do?
Be sure to fill out the online form. Together with our scientific advisory board and our partners, we will discuss suitability and feasibility of your proposal.
In which language should proposals be sent?
Applications should be written in English only via our application platform (click on the button above).